| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|These Our Actors|
|Author(s)|| Ashley McConnell|
|Publication date||September 2002|
|Published by||Pocket Books|
Even though Buffy decided to drop drama class to concentrate on her slaying and taking care of Dawn, Willow still decided keep the class on her course list. She becomes engrossed in it, especially when the teacher, Professor Addams, begins discussing about rituals and chants involved in old dramatic works. Unfortunately, the professor, realizing that Willow has some power of her own, decides to use her for his own ways. He needs to locate a particularly powerful book used to summon the Fates, which he believes is located somewhere in Sunnydale. Meanwhile, this novel also takes us back to the time where Spike was shunned by Cecily Addams and turned into a vampire by Drusilla. Spike, as a vampire, decides to take his revenge on the weak Cecily, pretending to have come up in the world only to reject her when she attempts to apologise for her earlier treatment.
It is eventually revealed that Professor Addams is actually Cecily's father, seeking to summon the fates to gather the magical strength to resurrect his daughter, as he blames himself for her death; in Spike's last meeting with Cecily, Spike drank her blood, prompting her father to stake her before realising that Cecily was not yet a vampire. Working with Spike, Willow manages to defeat Addams' plan and banish him for good.
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers (mentioned only)
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Anya Jenkins
- Dawn Summers (mentioned only)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Tara Maclay
- Drusilla (flashback sequence)
- Angelus (flashback sequence)
- Darla (flashback sequence)
- Cecily (flashback sequence)
- Professor Addams
Behind the Scenes
- Tagline: 'Evil is set for an encore'.
- William's mother asked him if his love interest was "the Underwood girl", he denied this and stated that "he wouldn't presume." Assuming Spike's mother was talking about Cecily, some fans believed "Underwood" was the surname of Cecily. Whilst others, used "Addams" as the surname given in this book. It is possible, however, that one name or the other could be her middle name, or that one or both was an alias.
- Setting: Season 5.