|Buffy Comic Books|
|Ugly Little Monsters|
|Publication date||August 14, 2002|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Includes Original Comics||BtVS #39-42|
|Written by|| Tom Fassbender|
|Inker(s)|| Joe Pimentel|
|Comic Book Collections|
Ugly Little Monsters is a trade paperback collecting comic stories based on the Buffy television series.
Joyce Summers has died, and now the emotions of the Scooby Gang are running high, and little things seem to be causing problems. Since everybody is preoccupied with their grief, anger, guilt, and regret the 'good fight' seems less important. However soon green demon-children are tearing apart the Summers home, violently attacking its members. One of the Scoobies is holding a secret that might prevent the key to victory.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #39
- Comic title: Night of a Thousand Vampires
- Buffy goes to a funeral and accidentally open an old portal to a prison dimension. A rampaging horde of hungry vampires is summoned forth. The vampires from another dimension seem to have nothing on the brain except blood. Sunnydale is literally on the menu.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #40
- Comic title: Ugly Little Monsters, Part One
- Joyce Summers has died, and now the emotions of the Scooby Gang are running high, and little things seem to be causing problems. Since everybody is preoccupied with their grief, anger, guilt, and regret the 'good fight' seems less important. However soon green demon-children approach the Summers house.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #41
- Comic title: Ugly Little Monsters, Part Two
- Tara is still feeling like she does not fit in with the Scooby Gang. She is getting closer to Willow, but more envious of Willow's friendships with Buffy and Xander. The little green monsters thrive on the fun of negative emotions like jealousy.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #42
- Comic title: Ugly Little Monsters, Part Three
- Buffy and her friends are getting attacked by more ugly, bad-smelling, little, green monsters. They seem to really dislike Buffy, and are proving more of a problem than expected. It soon seems one of Buffy's friends maybe linked to the menace.
Behind the Scenes
- Characters include: Buffy, Xander, Willow, and Giles. Also Anya, Tara, Dawn and Spike.
- Supposed to be set in late Buffy Season 5, after The Body.
- Takes place after Autumnal, and before "Chaos Bleeds" comic prequel.
Buffy/Angel comics such as this one are not usually considered by fans as canonical. Some fans consider them stories from the imaginations of authors and artists, while other fans consider them as taking place in an alternative fictional reality. However unlike fan fiction, overviews summarizing their story, written early in the writing process, were 'approved' by both Fox and Joss Whedon (or his office), and the books were therefore later published as officially Buffy merchandise.
Behind the scenes
Characters include Buffy, Giles, Dawn, Anya, Spike, Willow, Tara and Xander.